drop off / pick up
Morning Drop Off:
- All first graders enter Baker School through the front door of the school.
- If students arrive between 7:30 AM and 7:50 AM, they must go directly to the cafeteria.
- No one is permitted in the hallways, on the bridge, at the lockers, in the bathrooms, or in the extended day area before 7:50 AM.
- As with all of the elementary grades, the first grade work day begins promptly at 8:00 AM. It is important that your child arrives on time each day, as morning work time begins right away.
- The classroom door will open at 7:55 AM, allowing your child 5 minutes to say goodbye, put away his or her materials, and begin the school day.
Afternoon Pick Up:
- The children are dismissed Monday-Thursday at 2:30 PM and Friday at 1:40 PM. At that time, your child will walk independently to the 1R pick-up spot - beside the bench at the bottom of the stairs that lead from the basketball court to the portable classrooms.
- Any child whose designated pick-up person is not at his/her meeting spot will go straight to the office.
- Please do not email me during the school day to change your child's afternoon pick-up for that same day, as I am not always able to check email. Instead, call the front office so that I am sure to get the message.
- If your child's designated pick-up person is going to be late, he/she needs to call the front office as soon as possible.
- Your child's safety is paramount. If there are any changes concerning how your child is getting home, please send a note with him or her that morning.