Be a Secret Reader!
The Secret Reader Program is a great way for families to stay connected to our first grade classroom. Every Friday, a parent, family member, or other special person in one of our 1R students' lives comes to class to read 2 picture books to us. The best part is that no one knows the identity of the Secret Reader until he/she walks in the door!
Share Your Culture with Family Share!
Family Share in 1R is a wonderful way for families to share their culture with the class. Our students and teachers love to learn about what makes your family unique and the special traditions you have. Your family's culture is important, and we encourage you to share it with us! Please note, Family Share does not have to be a secret from your child, especially if your child will help prepare the share and/or present to the class.
- Ideas for sharing your family's culture with the class may include, but are not limited to:
- reading a book(s) that shows your family's culture
- showing family photos
- sharing special music
- using a map to highlight areas of the world that are important to your family
- showing traditional clothing or other artifacts
- leading the class in a brief craft project